Managing Attorney – Kona, Hawai‘i
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii, a non-profit law firm, seek applicants for a Managing Attorney its Kona office. Responsibilities include the practice of law and supervision of attorney and paralegal staff who provide assistance to clients in West Hawai‘i in the areas of family law, housing, consumer protection, and public assistance as well as project management and oversight on federal, state and foundation grants. The Managing Attorney will also participate in community engagement, outreach and education, statewide initiatives, ensuring administrative compliance, and participation in overall program management as a member of the statewide management team.
- Member in good standing of the Bar of the State of Hawaii.
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice or experience working with disadvantaged and/or low-income population, or issues affecting low-income populations required.
- Supervisory and/or management experience required.
- At least five (5) years of litigation experience and at least three (3) years of practice in family law, strongly preferred.
- Project management or experience implementing grants preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively and maintain good working relationships in small office.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work well with diverse, low-income populations.
- Able to manage a busy litigation practice, meet deadlines, and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure in an empathetic and professional manner.
- Must have access to a car and ability to travel to various parts of Hawai‘i Island.
Compensation: $53,842 – $70,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package including $150/month student loan repayment, medical and dental insurance, 401K match, life insurance, long term care insurance, long term disability insurance, paid parental leave plan, & extremely generous vacation and sick leave.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. No Calls Please.
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer. More information about Legal Aid can be found at www.legalaidhawaii.org